Always check the news page before walking. The church of Lysvik was built starting in 1753 and was completed in 1762. The baptismal font is from the 13th century and from the first parish church of Lysvik, located at the place of the current farm Lund, almost one kilometer north of the present church. The first church was a stave church from the 12th century, located at the current Ransby homestead, where the river Lysan flows into the Fryken. There is also "Kyrkkällaren" (the church cellar) and the field is still called "kyrkgärdet" (the church field).